Ipswich Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Ipswich Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing ipswich.city for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Ipswich for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Ipswich?
Ipswich Galleries and Museums
Ipswich, a city in Queensland, is home to some of the best galleries, museums, and historical venues in Australia. If you're looking to explore the fascinating history and culture of Ipswich, you'll be amazed at what the city has to offer.
Here are some of the best galleries, museums, and historical venues in and around Ipswich:
1. The Ipswich Art Gallery: The Ipswich Art Gallery is a hub of creativity and inspiration. It showcases a range of exhibitions and events featuring local artists and children's art programs. Located at d'Arcy Doyle Place, Nicholas Street, this is a must-visit venue for any art enthusiast.
2. The Workshops Rail Museum: The Workshops Rail Museum is a must-visit venue for those who have an interest in trains and railways. It showcases a range of exhibitions and interactive displays, including steam locomotives, vintage carriages and train rides. The museum is located at North Street, North Ipswich.
3. The Queensland Pioneer Steam Railway: The Queensland Pioneer Steam Railway is a non-profit organization that runs steam train trips from Bundamba to Swanbank, through the beautiful Ipswich hinterland. Located at Swanbank Station, just a short drive from the Ipswich CBD, this trip is a great way to explore the scenic countryside of Ipswich.
4. The Ipswich Nature Centre: The Ipswich Nature Centre is a great place to visit for families with kids. Here, you can see a range of native Australian animals, including kangaroos and koalas. The centre is located at Queens Park, Milford Street.
5. The Cooneana Heritage Centre: The Cooneana Heritage Centre is a museum that showcases the rich history of Ipswich. It features exhibits on Ipswich's colonial history, indigenous heritage and local industry. The museum is located at the corner of Cooneana Road and Glebe Road, Sherwood.
6. The Ipswich Antique Centre: The Ipswich Antique Centre is a treasure trove of antiques and collectables. It features a range of unique and intriguing items from around the world, including vintage jewellery, furniture, and ceramics. The centre is located at the corner of Brisbane Road and Downs Street.
7. The Ipswich Observatory: The Ipswich Observatory is a wonderful place to visit for stargazers. It is equipped with a range of telescopes and observation equipment, and it offers regular stargazing nights and astronomy workshops. The observatory is located at the corner of Mineral Street and Milford Street.
8. The Queensland Fire Museum: The Queensland Fire Museum is a fascinating museum that showcases the history of firefighting in Queensland. The museum features an extensive collection of firefighting equipment, vehicles, and memorabilia. It is located at the Apparatus Repair Workshop, corner of Limestone and Ellenborough Streets.
9. The Ipswich City Hall: The Ipswich City Hall is a beautiful heritage building that was built in 1888. It features stunning architecture and is home to a range of cultural events, including concerts, theatre shows, and exhibitions. The hall is located at the corner of Brisbane Street and Limestone Street.
Ipswich is a wonderful destination for anyone interested in history, culture, and the arts. Whether you're a local or a visitor to the city, these galleries, museums, and historical venues are a must-see. Be sure to take some time to explore the rich history and culture of Ipswich.
Ipswich Galleries and Museums Articles