Ipswich Tourism Directory
Tours and Adventures
Showing 1 Categories
Do you like the Tourism Industry in Ipswich?
Ipswich is a charming city located in the southeast of Queensland, Australia. The city is known for its rich history and cultural diversity, and has a multitude of tourist attractions that are worth exploring. Here, we have categorised a list of some of the best places to visit in Ipswich and the surrounding areas, along with contact details and descriptions of each one.
Nature and Outdoors:
1. Queens Park - This lovely park offers a peaceful retreat from the city life. The park features walkways, a rose garden, children's play areas, picnic spots, and a Japanese garden. Address: Merle Finimore Avenue Ipswich, QLD 4305. Contact: +61 7 3810 6666.
2. Purga Nature Reserve - This nature reserve is ideal for nature lovers and bird watchers. The reserve features creeks, swampland and forest areas, and is home to many birds, including the rare Black-breasted Button-quail. Contact: [email protected]
3. Ipswich Nature Centre - Located in Queens Park, Ipswich Nature Centre is an educational and interactive experience for visitors of all ages. The centre allows visitors to get up close with native animals such as bilbies, wombats and wallabies. Address: Goleby Avenue Ipswich, QLD 4305. Contact: +61 7 3810 6666.
History and Culture:
1. The Workshops Rail Museum - This museum is a must-visit for those interested in the locomotive history of Australia. The museum features interactive exhibits, steam train rides, and presents the story of rail workers and how they built the nation. Address: North Street, North Ipswich, QLD 4305. Contact: +61 7 3432 5100.
2. The Ipswich Art Gallery - This contemporary art gallery is located in the historic town hall building and features a variety of local and national exhibitions. The gallery also offers interactive workshops and activities for children. Address: d'Arcy Doyle Place, Ipswich QLD 4305. Contact: +61 7 3810 7222.
3. The Queensland Pioneer Steam Railway - This is a unique tourist attraction that offers visitors the chance to experience a steam train ride through the breathtaking scenery of the Lockyer Valley. The railway also offers a range of themed train rides throughout the year. Address: Bundamba Racecourse Station, Bundamba QLD 4304. Contact: [email protected]
Food and Wine:
1. Ironbark Ridge Vineyard - This boutique winery is located in the picturesque countryside of Ipswich and offers a range of award-winning wines to taste. Visitors can enjoy a picnic lunch or take a vineyard tour. Address: 22 Wottons Road Purga, QLD 4306. Contact: +61 7 5464 6113.
2. The Cottage Restaurant - This charming restaurant is housed in a heritage listed building and offers modern Australian cuisine. The restaurant is perfect for an intimate dinner or a romantic night out. Address: 107 Limestone Street Ipswich QLD 4305. Contact: +61 7 3281 5133.
3. Dovetails Restaurant and Brewery - This restaurant is located next to the historic Workshops Rail Museum and offers a range of craft beers and delicious food. The restaurant has a rustic atmosphere and is perfect for a casual dining experience. Address: 104 North Street, North Ipswich QLD 4305. Contact: +61 7 3281 8855.
There is something for everyone in Ipswich, from stunning natural scenery, rich cultural heritage, and delicious food and wine. Whether you are looking for a family day out or a romantic weekend away, Ipswich has something to offer. Why not book your next holiday to this charming city and experience all that it has to offer?
Ipswich Tourism Articles